It just wasn't a good weekend for training--period--even back in sweet home Alabama. After a Sunday of lazing around (and letting the temperature rise to an extremely uncomfortable and humid 96 degrees), J. and I set out--optimistic that this long-awaited and postponed training run would be everything we thought it would be. However, forgetting to drink enough water (total of only 2 cups of water and 2 cups of coffee) would doom my long-run success.
J. putzed along beside me while I sputtered and came to an absolute halt at mile 10.5--yes only 1.5 miles to the car--but no amount of motivational talking (or even bees at this point) could have made me run the rest of the distance. We walked--SLOWLY--back. Delirious and thirsty beyond belief I downed 32 ounces of watery Gatorade--disastrous. (And I'll spare you the nitty gritty of the rest of the miserable night). Lesson learned . . . drink water before you run . . . especially if it's 96 degress outside.
Downside . . . 1.5 miles short. Upside . . . survived.
No comments:
Post a Comment