"It is curious-curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare." --Mark Twain
Since late October I lived in fear that the company didn't need me. When they decided they did need me--I decided I didn't need them. (well--technically I do need the income--but hey, I'll figure it out)
Why?
"Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind."--Ralph Waldo Emerson
I look forward to being able to pursue more fully a profession in which ethics, character, and integrity still matter.
So here's to change--a long time coming . . .
"No man can purchase his virtue too dear, for it is the only thing whose value must ever increase with the price it has cost us. Our integrity is never worth so much as when we have parted with our all to keep it." --Ovid
2 comments:
Good post Katie. I think its great that you're getting all philosophical about your company that has no compass or soul on the man's time.
HA! Screw 'em!
Love you!
it wasn't on the company's time . . . actually.
Post a Comment