1.21.2009

On Schedule . . . Almost

There's nothing like a race to get you back on track. The Auburn Half Marathon motivated me to kick it back in gear. On Monday, J. and I enjoyed an 11-mile trek with one of his co-workers, S. It was good weather, great company, and nice to feel like I'm back in the groove.

I have a five-miler on schedule today w/ my hubby and a 12-miler on Sunday with a friend. So far my foot is holding up (knocking on wood), and life is moving along at an incredibly enjoyable pace. I'm savoring every minute of it.

I'm excited about a part-time job I landed (and start next week) that will work around my classes, runs, and time in public schools this semester. I've even had time to start chipping away at my "list" of things to get done before going back to work full time (hopefully this August).

The puppies are squeaky clean and worn out from a walk--all three. The laundry is done. Dinner is ready for tonight. The house is in good shape. The sun is shining. And I'm proud to be an American once again.

Downside . . . can't think of one. Upside . . . I'm starting to think my blank calendar may look better with the help of some colorful pens.

P.S. Stay tuned for the Mountain Mist 50K race report. Anyone without Saturday plans is welcome to make the trek to Huntsville with us and hang out for 8 hours while J. clammers up and down the side of the mountain for 30 miles. Good luck, J.! Glad I'm not signed up for this one :).

No comments: