3.31.2009

Peanut Butter Toast and Coffee

Nothing profound this morning, just keeping up. The training schedule is going great! I haven't missed a day yet and on top of all the runs I've been able to work in 3 bike rides a week. Now I just need to fit swimming in . . .

Yesterday morning I had the best run I've had in at least seven or eight months. I felt fresh and springy for the entire five miles and even dipped below my usual 11:30-minute-per-mile pace to 9:30 for the entire time. Maybe speed can be a goal this season . . .

On other fronts, I signed a contract with a local school district to teach in the fall! My assignment will most likely be either 10th or 12th-grade English. The 10th grade class is American Literature (my personal favorite) and the 12th-grade class is British Lit AP/Dual Enrollment--which would definitely be intriguing and fun. Either way it will be challenging and something I've been looking forward to for the past 2 years!

As far as the 2009 race schedule--I'm still not quite sure how it is going to work out with my library work schedule. I'll be relaying with friends at the Buster Britton in June, hope to be able to complete the Chattanooga Olympic distance and Mountain Lakes sprint distance--leading up to the half Ironman in Augusta and then the Memphis Marathon in December. J.'s race schedule is too full to list here--and changes every weekend. We still enjoy running and training--with friends, together, and alone, just as much as we ever have.

That's all I've got for now. Off to enjoy some peanut butter toast before heading to the library.

3 comments:

jg said...

peanut butter on waffles is the best!
Still amazed by your contract! Go, girl! Doesn't really seem that long ago since I was a first year teacher. What a wonderful career it was! How times does go by! Must enjoy each day.....

kate said...

ahhh--I can't believe you like peanut butter on waffles--we must have breakfast together sometime. My mom used to make the most amazing fluffy waffles and Meg and I both loved to put peanut butter on them :).

Thank you for all of your advice and support. I really am excited about the opportunity and honored to join the ranks of educators :).

Sum-E said...

Congratulations! I told you it would all work out. I had no idea that you were training for a half Ironman. WOW! If you had not gotten out of your other job, you would have been nuts trying to budget your time.

Teachers with a passion are needed. Communication is essential in successful relationships. Alot of people don't know how to convey their thoughts and ideas; which leads to stress and anger. America needs more communicating households. Thanks for the service to the community!