6.25.2009

Life is Good...Michael Jackson








I had a work event tonight and did not have access to my cell phone. As I am just now picking it up I have three missed calls from Wess and text messages from Katie and Meg. They all say the same thing.

Michael Jackson has passed away.



When I was a child there wasn't any bigger Michael Jackson fans than Wess and me. He was the most talented performer I have ever see. Before he was weird, reclusive, and bankrupt, he was the King of Pop.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are dancing with my brother for hours to his music. I was probably 8-9 and he was 3-4. We played the "Thriller" and "Bad" albums thousands of times. The "Moomwalker" VHS did not leave the VCR.


These memories will always be cherished and I am saddened by today's news.


JG

No comments: