Ran: 4.36 miles
Time: 9:45 a.m.
Location: Mountain Brook Parkway (mostly flat terrain)
Temperature at Start: 82 degrees, shaded; 89 degrees at end
Total Time: 52:24 min.
Average Pace: 12:01 per mile
Maximum Pace: 7:08 per mile
Average Heart Rate: 193
Maximum Heart Rate: 204
Heart Rate Notes: Pre-run at 104, up to 179 after 5 minutes running; up to 200 at 1.25 miles; consistently hovered at 195-200 from mile 1.5 on; began walking when it hit 200--took 30 seconds for it to fall back to 185 when I would start running again; took 15 seconds to get back to 195; walked last quarter mile to get it below 180 before stopping
Symptoms: chest tightness at 200, very uncomfortable at 204 (only got above 200 on the small hills) with muscle weakness and "flip-flopping" sensation
Mile 1: 10:02 min.; 7:38 max speed (no walking)
Mile 2: 11:15 min.; 7:08 max speed (no walking)
Mile 3: 13:01 min.; 7:54 max speed (some walking to bring down hr)
Mile 4: 12:35 min.; 8:55 max speed (some walking to bring down hr)
Mile .36: 15:23 min.; 8:38 max speed (almost all walking to bring down hr)
Overall Notes:
Felt difficult but I can't tell how much of the difficulty level has to do with having to take the past few weeks off of running. Will see as the training stays consistent how the average heart rate changes.
I was well hydrated for this run--drank 12 oz. of water an hour before the run and hydrated well yesterday. Did drink coffee this morning and ate a granola bar 1 hour before the run.
I finished the run and didn't feel "tired" at all--just wound up if that makes sense. My muscles are fine. It just feels like my heart can't support them adequately or is having to work overtime to keep up.
Things to Try:
I think I'll try cutting out caffeine and sugar to see if it helps keep my heart rate lower. I'll also give the salt and magnesium tablets a try--as well as trying to run earlier at cooler temperatures
Heart Rate Now (11:25 a.m.): 89
No comments:
Post a Comment