11.17.2009

Being Irrational

Today I have been irrational.

I realized that I have exactly 12 weeks until the Mercedes Marathon . . . just enough time to fit in a "my-goal-is-to-just-show-up-to-the-starting-line-and-finish training schedule."

Why not, right? Chicago was a whim and it turned out well (minus the broken foot).

All things considered it's very rational compared to my threats to go ahead and register for IM Florida next year (something JG thinks I need 2 years to prepare for).

2010 is right around the corner and I want to start it off on the right foot (or both feet hopefully). So, here's to early resolutions, irrational goals, and the excitement of a crazy, new challenge.

The goals this go-round with the marathon:

1. Finish--no time goals yet
2. Finish without a broken foot
3. Finish my first loop before being passed by JG and all his speedy friends ;o)
4. Finish with an appetite for tons of BBQ
5. Finish with enough sense to not give JG my free beer at the finish line

Watch out 2010 . . . this slow-poke has big plans!

1 comment:

Bob Evans said...

Dare I say, "You go girl!"