11.05.2009

Thumbs Up, Light Up 2.4-112-26.2

I can't wait to be down at the beach with you JG! I should be sleeping, but I've been mulling over in my head what I wanted to post as your good luck wish in the IM.

It won't be organized, eloquent (my posts never are anyway), or even slightly adequate--perhaps a reflection of my state of mind these days. Yet I do want you to know, first and foremost, how proud I am to know you, how thankful I am for your love, and how amazed I am by your fortitude and iron will.

Our almost 9-year journey together has been beautiful in even the most painful moments; it's been breathtaking in times of joy and continues to expand in areas I never imagined possible. Whether you are out on the course alone and I'm waiting at the finish line, we are running the race together, or (more often) you're having to wait on me after crossing the finish line, you will always have my thumbs up.

I can't be with you along the entire course on Saturday. I know that you will have moments of pain, elation, and exhaustion. Remember, that I will be thinking of you all day, doing my best to cheer you on, and at the end of the day I'll be there waiting for you at the finish line (cold beer in hand and ready to enjoy a beach vacation with my Ironman!).

Light up the course, babe, and come home safe to me!

Light up! Light up!
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear

. . . Have heart my dear

--Snow Patrol, "Run"




And the last bit of inspiration for the week . . . Remember that you have a choice and sometimes that's the only reason you need for doing something. Do it because you CAN.

No comments: