School is out for the week. (yeesss!) And I've enjoyed the slower pace of life--getting things done that have gone undone since August, visiting with family and friends, loving on my pups, and spending some time on the roads/trails.
JG did a 31-mile trail run this past weekend, and I joined him for the last five miles. It was a beautiful course, perfect day, and in general, a good deal of fun (other than the wait-around-for-five-hours part and the wake-up call at 3:30 a.m.). Congrats JG on a PR for a 50K.
I'm off for my long run--8 miles--to make up for the trail running on Saturday. The schedule is going well. I haven't been running with a watch or a Garmin and have loved every minute of it. I'll have another long run this coming weekend and then the Memphis 1/2. This time last year I was fresh out of the "boot" from my broken foot at Chicago--continues to amaze me how much can change in a year. I plan on taking it easy, finishing before the marathoners (hopefully ;o), enjoying a cup of hot chocolate, and cheering on all of the marathon finishers--first-timers, Boston-qualifying hopefuls, and everyone else in between--good luck to all of you!
Wishing everyone a festive, delicious Thanksgiving! Here's my list of thanks for 2009:
1. A supportive, adventurous hubby
2. Genuine friends and family
3. Three crazy dogs
4. Two working feet (so far at least)
5. Training schedules
6. 55-degree running weather
7. Turkey trots . . . and the turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie that follow :o)!
No comments:
Post a Comment