8.09.2008

Life is Good...Mountain Lakes Triathlon

We awoke at 3 A.M this morning to head to Guntersville for the Mountain Lakes triathlon, and departed from Brad's house around 4:15, arriving at 6:15 for the 7:30 race. Several of our friends from the JCC also competed.

It was a great race. As a kid I spent a lot of time fishing the lake with my granddad. I was surprised at mile 14 of the bike course when we rode past the pier where we always put the boat in. It brought back a lot of memories and I teared up a bit, which is not very conducive to racing. Al then passed me for about the 4th time and my mind was quickly back on the race.

This race did not gel well with Katie's Chicago Marathon training schedule, so she did not compete. She took some great pictures though, which I hope she'll post.

JG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am poud of you on this 5th anniversary. Much love to you from me.