Sorry this is a little late as some of you have made me aware. It's been a busy week--so busy that I can't believe it's over. TGIF to those of you working (and non-working) folk out there! Back to the 18 . . .
Pre-game meal at Smith Lake with gourmet pasta a la Mom, M., and K was just the right combination for an enjoyable run on Sunday morning. We kicked it off at 5:50 am. This time I brought along my iPod, water bottle, and 2 GU's (those slimy things I detailed earlier). Running turns into a great arm workout when you have all these items to tote for 18 miles.
First 12 miles were awesome. Low humidity, lots of fellow runners around, and no rain! Best of all, M. met me at mile 12 and helped me bring it on in. J. is not as satisfied with his camera phone as he used to be (blurry pics below--M. is in the first, the last one is the short walk we did after 18):

M. was fresh and flying this morning. I trailed her trying to match her footsteps as the mileage creeped higher and higher.

Following an enormous post-run meal at Jim 'N Nick's (M. and I both went for the loaded baked potato, J. for the fried catfish) and a long afternoon nap, J. and I decided we felt better at 18 than we did at 16 (miles that is). This weekend it'll be 14, 7 the next, then 21--and that's as high as it gets until Chicago. We're starting to feel ready! And the best part of it is that we both feel like the race may even be enjoyable. 26.2 here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment