![]() |
| Meg's Half Marathon |
Click above for pics from M.'s first half marathon!
M. I think J.'s E-mail sums it all up. I love you and I am so proud to be your sister. Pay special attention to #9 and #10. In J.'s pre-race words (and after the event, mine):
1. The hardest part of any race is the training, which is over. (unless you've signed up for another one . . . )
2. Running the race is merely a celebration of that training. (which is why you've probably thought about signing up for another one)
3. Don't ever downplay this accomplishment. It is one of significance that most people will never have the courage or will to complete. (Many estimates indicate less than 1% of the U.S. population will run a half marathon this year.)
4. At some point in the race you may feel poorly. Remember that there's magic in misery. (You didn't ever look miserable. Logical conclusion: you can run farther . . . Chicago 09?)
5. After it's over don't hesitate to tell people you ran a half marathon. Upon hearing your story people in your circle of influence may be inspired to start running.
6. You'll be surprised how quickly time will go by during the race. (I think Support People A & B and the shiny red cow bell probably helped with this one.)
7. Katie and I are extremely proud of you. There will be others that are proud, some that think running is stupid, and some that just don't care either way. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks. Run this race for you! (You did it for yourself. Satisfaction with what you've accomplished is better than any praise anyone can give you.)
8. Have fun. (And keep running :)
9. Party when its over, you've earned it! (I vote that #8 and #9 are the same.)
10. Sign up for another race. (Mercedes--on your birthday. And ice that hip flexor!)
JG (and KG)

1 comment:
I'm so excited for you. Way to go girl I knew you could do it!
Post a Comment