We had an absolute blast today!! JG got 2nd in his age group and my relay team (the PowerSpouses) kicked butt and placed first in our division.
Click the link below to go to the album:
![]() |
| Buster Britton 2009 |
More later . . . in the meantime, have a great weekend!

2 comments:
I did it! 1:25:43, but I was just about the slowest swimmer at 11:07. I know what I need to work on. I made up a lot on the ride and run. My wife and son are in your sixth picture. He is in a bright green shirt and they are squatting. It was very fun. Congrats on your finishing too (you relayed, right?). THANK YOU for asking if I was going to do this. Your asking directly led to my signing up. I simply would not have done it otherwise. It was a blast and I am hooked.
That is awesome, Bob!! Glad you had a good time--even with the nasty weather. We did relay and we had so much fun.
That swim was hairy--they usually don't put in people that quickly. Last year it took them 50 minutes to get all the swimmers in the water. This year it took them only 15 (think they were aiming to get everyone in and out between lightning strikes).
So excited for you!
Chattanooga and Mountain Lakes are also excellent races put on by Team Magic. Mountain Lakes is a sprint distance and flat as a pancake (in August). Chattanooga is Olympic Distance but a down river swim.
Congrats again!!
Post a Comment