7.15.2009

You Want Me to do What?

I'm working on this assignment that I've been putting off for days . . . well weeks at this point. It's due tomorrow--at 12:30. I've just gotten to page 3 of the assignment and the professor wants me to wax poetically as I compare Juliet to the following:

Animal
Plant
Element
Smell
Color
Texture
Food
Drink
Clothing
Car
Movie
TV Show
Game
Book

and wait for it . . . a piece of . . . f u r n i t u r e!

seriously.

I love metaphor just as much as the next language junkie but this borders on blasphemy (sorry Shakespeare).

But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun


Yep. The Bard would be proud that some 400 years later a frustrated graduate student is trying to decide whether Juliet is more like a dresser or a vanity . . . or maybe a strikingly beautiful, young settee.

Oy . . . I'm procrastinating again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Siamese cat
orchid-rose is too obvious
platinum
freshly-ironed clothes
purple
honeycomb
divinity
grapico
slippers
Range Rover
Life of Brian
Mary Tyler Moore
Solitaire
The Time Traveler's Wife
Fainting sofa

kate said...

Sus!!!!!

That is awesome :o). You are spot on--especially with the Siamese cat and Range Rover--and I love the fainting sofa.

I said orchid as well and blue for the colors. Thanks for the laugh!

Hope you're having a great off week!

K. said...

i love the new look!

RDouglas said...

I LOVE the new look!

kate said...

Thanks! I didn't mean to do it and something happened and it deleted my blog list . . . but oh well :o).

R., I hope you had a good time @ the Tour de Cahaba this weekend!