
M. and I had a fantastic 10-miler to kick off the Memphis training. I'm glad I've got her here this time around. As busy as I am right now I need that accountability.
I'm another 12-hour day in and not through. I just brewed a pot of coffee and have my "office" set up in the living room. I anticipate I'll spend the next 4-5 hours tonight working away. At the end of the day I learned that I had a homebound student and a handful of students who are going to start the year off in alternative school (seriously???!!). Catch is that I have to have all of their materials pulled together (all neat and finalized) so that I can get it to them by 1 p.m. tomorrow. So tonight I have to do a solid three weeks of planning.
On the upside, we learned that the high school grad exam is going to be dropped . . . something we were going to have to spend almost an hour each week of instructional time studying. Students will now, instead, take the ACT. Fewer standardized tests means more class time and less redundancy. YEAH!!!
So . . . I'm off to planning short stories, lessons about capitalization and punctuation, narrative writing, and parts of speech. Who said teachers have great hours????
And here are some pics of the classroom I share:
Coffee's ready.
4 comments:
wow i love getting to see your classroom! your kids are super lucky to have mrs. gregg ... =)
You are awesome! Training, competing, AND a first year teacher?? You're my hero! Can some of your energy and dedication please rub off on me?? :) What crazy (and great!!) news about the AHSGE being dropped??? That's awesome!
Congrats to you and your relay team on winning first place! It's great to work so hard training and then win!
Hope you don't burnout in your first week of work! Get as much sleep as you can!
Thanks for the shout out. It was very cool to see both of you in person. It was also encouraging to recognize a face when I came out of the water. Did you notice I came our way left of the water exit point and stood up and fell down. Too funny. But, I had a great time. I saw that J. is quite fast!
Good luck with your first year. I am sure you are going to do great.
Post a Comment