8.03.2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Had a great 40-mile ride, my syallabus is ready, all my materials are pulled together, and the weekend was, in general, a lot of fun--full of work, play, and friends! Now I'm off to new teacher orientation . . . to learn about discipline plans, curriculum changes, testing procedures, and more.

Tonight I hope to get in my long run that I missed yesterday (just 8 miles--so I guess it's a shortish long run). Because I'll have to be at work by 6:30 (and I have a 30-minute commute to school) I do not think I'll be able to be a morning workout person. I'll just plan on taking my work-out bag with me to work so I can hit the J. or run after school. Works hours from 6:30-3:30 aren't too bad . . . will have most of the afternoon to get in a workout.

Hope you all have a Happy Monday! (And a special shout-out to M. today--her first day on the job as an official TBICU nurse :o)

2 comments:

Jillian said...

LOVE your blog! I'm so excited to live vicariously through your first year of teaching...I'll have lots to learn from you. Many prayers your way :)

kate said...

Thanks! I enjoy keeping it up--and loooking back on it when I don't feel like I've come too far.

I've been browsing through other teacher's blogs and will post a few others on my blog list--you may want to check theirs out too (once I post them I'll let you know).

I prefer first-hand info--so much theory in school--it's nice to have day-to-day details--good, bad, ugly, and otherwise.

Hope you're feeling well!! Congrats on your engagement :o).