9.20.2009

Life is Good...Rain Rain Rain


I am not going to complain about the rain. Two years ago we were in a terrible drought. But what did we do God? It couldn't have rained on Noah much more than its been raining here in Birmingham. It seems like it rains every day and the forecast for the next 7 days is...... more rain.

This can make training a little tough. For my birthday day Mrs. G bought me a bike trainer that, up until yesterday, had been reserved for short weekday workouts. The weekly Saturday ride was canceled so I had to hammer out 2 and a half hours on the trainer in the basement. It actually wasn't too bad. Watching football seems to make basement training more manageable. After the ride I got in a great tempo run in the rain.

We had a great time eating with friends and watching the Auburn game last night. Its nice that Auburn is winning more this year. Lots of work this weekend for Mrs. G, but she says she's going to start setting limits on work time to she can enjoy other parts of life, like me ; ).

I got up early this morning and ran 17 with the crew, in the rain of course. Marathon season is around the corner so there was plenty of company.

The next two weekends are race weekends, which will be a nice break from the long training workouts. We'll be in Augusta next weekend for Ironman 70.3 and Kyle and I are heading up to Chattanooga the next weekend to run the Stump Jump 50k. Dean Karnazes will be speaking at the dinner the night before and running the race. Maybe I can run with him a little before he leaves me in his dust.

Until then we'll be watching it rain!

JG

No comments: