5.04.2009

More Treadmill Fun

I got in the 9-miler on the treadmill--ick! I got off work on Saturday at 6 pm and felt like I'd rather get in the mileage than have to get up early on Sunday morning (yes, I overslept Saturday morning ;).

As my husband noted this morning, "You're not much of a morning person are you?"

My response, "Are you just now realizing this?" :)

Thing is--I'm not much of a morning person or night person--I could sleep 12 hours a night and be entirely content. But that's another blog post . . .

The 9 miles on the treadmill:

1st mile: 9:30
2nd mile: 9:13
3rd mile: 9:13
4th mile: 9:13
5th mile: 9:13
6th mile: 9:13
7th mile: 9:13
8th mile: 9:13
9th mile: 9:13--at least until J. came downstairs to make sure that I hadn't forgotten that he was starving and ready to go eat.

So--all-in-all--I was ECSTATIC that I was able to push this hard for so long (especially considering the intense boredom of being on a treadmill in the basement). This makes for the fastest run I've ever done (at this distance) and it wasn't too painful.

Other fun stuff this weekend . . .

1. dinner with friends and Tonal Vision on Friday
2. dinner with cute hubby on Saturday (with some winnings from his day celebrating the derby)
3. doughnuts and coffee with same cute hubby on Sunday morning
4. pedicure with good friend W. on Sunday before work
5. sitting in the basement of the library for an hour during the tornado warning
6. remembering that this week brings: graduation for my sister (Yeah, M.!), J.'s half Ironman, and a BEACH trip

Couldn't get much better!

Happy Monday,

KG

1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Just found your blog... Nine miles is a very long run when you're on the treadmill. When you're outside there are a lot of distractions - which can be good. You did a great job running at an even pace. Happy running!