7.20.2008

Date with an Ice Bucket



I don't know if 16 is sweet or not--10 was all I had today. A nagging pain in my right arch turned into a serious limp-inducing throb around mile 7. At mile 8 (which happened to be right back by my car) I seriously considered calling it quits. But I pushed on, trying to focus on anything but my slowing gait. A mile later I had to slow it to a walk--one more later and I was ready to cry in the middle of the sidewalk. As I contemplated whether I could even walk it the rest of the way in J. pulled up next to me. Rescue!

He had just finished his 11 mile run and thought he may hook up with me for the last bit of mine. Instead he carted his sweaty gimp of a wife home.

Other than the rogue foot, I felt great. Oddly enough I'm glad to know that I can make it even 10 miles on a bum foot. I'm working on getting a little more hard core--for now that's all I can muster.

Depending on how this ice bath works--and how my arch feels on Tuesday--I may attempt 16 again.

Downside . . . didn't make it to uncharted territory today. Upside . . . something to look forward to later this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is your foot now?

kate said...

still not back to 100% . . . hoping with a week off that it will be better--and ready for another try this weekend.

thanks for asking!

hope you guys had a good time @ the beach ;).