7.03.2008

Life is Good....Funny Wife

Gas is over $4.00 a gallon. The economy is in the shitter. Housing market.... what market? But life is good. Who cares about all that stuff anyway? Not me. Not today.

Last winter I was struggling through my first marathon training program all by my lonely self. To get some motivation I bought advanced tickets for Katie and me to go see a documentary on the Chicago marathon. So I drag her to this movie on a week night about 30 minutes away from home. And what does she do? She makes fun of me! Says that this whole marathon bit I'm into is a little extreme.

No sooner than the movie is over Katie is signing us both up for the 2008 Chicago marathon in October.

So here we are today in training and also on vacation. I was awoken by this woman who used to think the marathon bit was a little extreme this morning at 5:15 so that we could go run 14 miles before the rest of the world woke up. Sometimes wives are funny!

The run went great, so life is good. I just need to get this pain in my esophagus to go away.

2 comments:

kate said...

Ha! Well . . . I guess I can only say that I highly recommend Spirit of the Marathon. (see www.marathonmovie.com)

Glad after 5 years I'm continuing to keep you on your toes!

mom said...

what about the pain in the esophagus? a mom question, of course.