Thank you Jesus!!!!!!! College football season is here. The only downside; College Football=Mucho Cervezas = Painful Training.
My first half Ironman triathlon is only four weeks away. I met my normal Saturday group yesterday for a 26 mile bike ride. Colin was a no show since his wife Wendy is set to have their second child (a boy) at any moment. I left the group at mile 26 to ride 25 alone, for a total of 51. The half Ironman bike portion is 56 miles.
Woke up early this morning and ran 14 miles with Katie. This was the first time we've run together in a while, and I had quite a good time.
Received a report from Katie's sister Meg today about her training for her first half marathon later this year in Huntsville, which the three of us plan to run together. She is in school about 100 miles away a Auburn University. She ran 8 miles by herself today. Much better than I ever did in college. We are very proud of her.
Going to Katie's Mom's boyfriend's lakehouse tomorrow to practice swimming in my new wetsuit. This will be my first time to meet him, but I hear that he's nice. Hoping to knock out 1.2 miles in the water.
JG
2 comments:
let me know how the swim goes.
didn't mean to be anonymous
Post a Comment