10.08.2008

Life is Good...Lucky Man


It was another tough one today on the work force. My car is in the shop, so my dad, who is also my boss man, gave me a ride into the rock.


After a long day I though I was out of the woods when suddenly a co-worker took it upon herself to inform me of my ignorance for being an Obama supporter. She was so angry you would have thought I had done something down right immoral. She made me aware that my man Barack is inexperienced, dishonest, and a terrorist. Who woulda thunk it? Its amazing that people that still stand behind G Dub can call anyone a terrorist. I decided to mention that Kennedy was young and inexperienced, which led her to also make me aware that he was a poor president and a philanderer. Who woulda thunk it? Cuban Missile Crisis Kennedy? Go to the Moon Kennedy? Ask not what your country can do for you Kennedy? Sounds like a half way decent president to me.


Moving on. Since I had no car I decided to leave my clothes, wallet, and cell phone at the office and run home from work. Heading off on a ridiculously hilly, 10 mile circuitous route, I traveled passed many placed that brought back memories from times past. My first elementary school, the church of my childhood, the house where Katie's Grandmother lived, and of course, the track where I ran my first mile. A funny memory made me smile. I remembered my mom helping me train there after school in first grade for the Presidential Physical Fitness test in P.E. I passed the test. Thanks Mom.


So now the day is almost done. I got in a great run which makes any day a good day. More importantly I have a great wife, great friends, a great family, and three half decent dogs.


All things considered, I'm a lucky man.


JG

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have learned it is better not to tell people you are going to vote for obama. they do not understand.

kate said...

I do love our three half-decent dogs . . .

K. said...

you are a lucky man. i took the dog for a 45-minute walk yesterday and attempted to run.

turns out i have the hip joints of an 80-year-old woman.

kate said...

It gets a little better. But I hear ya. My hips go one way, my knees another, and I flail--It's not a pretty sight. I have a total lack of balance :). And as I said--not a speck of athletic ability. I'm just stubborn (or stupid) enough to keep attempting. Happy Trails to you and your J.!

twintigers said...

Yes, I am a lurker, M told me about your blog and I really enjoy keeping up with you two.You are very inspiring! Good luck this week end, I'll be pulling for you!

MJones (A's mom)

jg1981 said...

Thanks for the encouragement Mrs. J. Great to hear from you.

John

kate said...

Thanks so much, Mrs. J!

We (at least me) will need all the pulling for we can get.

We welcome lurkers and love comments :).

Anonymous said...

Hey J,

I have finally gotten around to the blog visit and comment; so here goes....

The recollection of your life's journey and accomplishments while on the journey to relieve stress about one sucky day brought you exactly to the point intended. Sometimes, you have to pardon people for not respecting your personal preferences.

Besides, no one will appreciate your journey as much as you do! Therefore, you are entitled to make your own choices; knowing that enevitably...you are the only person accountable for each one.

B-Positive,
Sum-e