Katie and I ran 10 miles together this morning. We did not start until 9:30, which is very late for us. Katie had a headache and her heal hurts. I think her body is broken down from all the miles she has run during the Chicago Marathon training. I felt the same way training for my first marathon.
We spent the first five miles complaining back and forth at each other. The last five we got along quite well.
Overall, the run was not much fun. We will have many runs in the future that are not enjoyable as well. But, most importantly, we share this experience together. I am so proud of Katie for all the miles she's logged getting ready for Chicago.
Its going to be blast! Once we finish we'll realize that shitty runs like we had today are part of the process and make the finish line that much more rewarding.
JG
2 comments:
god is good. be thankful that you are able to run.
It wasn't quite as bad as he made it out to be :) . . . at least I didn't think so. We are very fortunate to be able to do all of this--that's part of the reason why we do it--because we can.
Post a Comment