I am having too much fun these days. With just a part-time job--no classes, no school observations, and in general no other obligations--I've found myself in territory like I haven't seen since my days in undergrad. 25 total hours of obligations a week. And most of those fall on the weekend (every other one) and two nights a week. So I'm left to my own devices--training, enjoying sunshine, and yes, occasionally working around the house.
Today I got to the JCC at 8:15 for a weights class, hit RPM right after that, and jumped on the treadmill for 4 miles before leaving. It was 3 hours of bliss--no worries at all. I know I'm lucky. And I know that this set of circumstances won't likely happen again until . . . well, I guess I'll get a small taste of it with summers off. But I won't be able to enjoy the month of May like this until retirement.
I'm looking forward to a run and swim tomorrow before heading into work at 1 pm. Wednesday I'm heading out to Oak Mtn. with friends for a ride. Who knows what I'll do with myself after that :). And at the end of the week, I'll celebrate the first of May with friends--a la Marty's and Tonal Vision.
I have promised J. that I would spend some of my time working around the house--painting, repairing, etc. Maybe I'll add to my list of things to do on Wednesday, "Make a list of things to do around the house." But today isn't a day for serious list-making. I'll save that for Wednesday.
15 reasons I'm looking forward to May:
1. I still get that about-to-be-out-of-school giddiness--appropriate since I'm going into the teaching profession I guess.
2. My birthday is this month--which always coincides with that end-of-month-we're-out-of-school giddiness.
3. Is there any month with better weather than May?
4. My classes are officially over--not to re-start until the first week of June.
5. I don't have to pound the pavement looking for a fall teaching job.
6. It's too far away from August to be planning too much for the upcoming school year.
7. Green--everything is green--lush and Southern green
8. No more closed-toe-shoes (well except my running shoes)
9. Cinqo de Mayo
10. Days are getting longer and longer
11. Dog baths with the hose instead of in the tub (much easier)
12. Fresh fruit--bring on the Southern watermelon, peaches, strawberries, and blueberries!
13. Fresh veggies--farmer's market style
14. Mosquitoes aren't out yet.
15. And oh the BEACH . . . I do love the beach! And the month of May always offers an opportunity for a beach trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment