I've updated the look and added quite a few blogs I follow--in case you're interested in following other folks' training and racing. On our training front, J. and I have been hitting things pretty intensely--running, biking (or as Meg and I have dubbed it, "bikling"), and yes, even swimming. That reese's peanut butter cup bunny on my kitchen counter has 800 calories in it--definitely motivation for a long run this weekend!
Slowly but surely I feel like I'm making speed progress. My runs last week and this week didn't go above 10 minutes per mile and on my last two runs I did I averaged (granted only 4 miles)9-minute-miles and 8:35-minute-miles respectively. Not Boston-qualifying times (in fact, I'd have to keep a crazy 8:24 pace for 26.2 miles to be in that arena)--but I'll take progress in any form.
I found this awesome quote and just had to share it (I don't know about the barking wild dog thing, but other than that I buy it).
"Live. More than your neighbors. Unleash yourself upon the world and go places. Go now. Giggle. No. Laugh. And bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are. Understand that this is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. Your life. Face your fears and live your dreams and take it all in. Yes, every chance you get. Come close. And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.” John Blais - 2005 Ironman with ALS (Time: 16:28:58)
To all of you who were fast enough to qualify for Boston--good luck and enjoy! We'll be pulling for you on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment