4.18.2009

Way to go Ham

It's not every day that Birmingham gets publicity from the NYT--and usually when we do it's not exactly the best publicity. But I'm glad someone up there at the Times thought our little city was worthy of at least a little praise:

Click Here for the Article

Aren't you hungry after reading that?

Thanks, J. for the run today and excitement at my 4-minute improvement . . . still have a long way to go but I guess that's part of the fun. I love you for sacrificing your own PR to amble along with me.

Good luck at the Powerman tomorrow--I'll be there cheering, rain or shine.

(And thanks to J.'s parents who were there to cheer us on early this morning!)

Upside . . . 4 minutes to the good. Downside . . . check back later--don't have one currently.

P.S. as I crossed the finish line some nice soul gave me a great big shout out but I was tunnel-vision to the chute so I couldn't tell who it was. If you're out there--many thanks!

No comments: