7.10.2008

Life is Good...Sourpuss

I awoke at 5:00A.M. this morning and was quickly off to the Jewish Community Center for a 1600 yard swim. After the swim I was getting ready for work in the locker room when I heard an old man explaining the secret to living a long life.

He said, "I've lived so long because I'm not a sourpuss. So many people these days complain and have a negative attitude. I've always been positive and upbeat"

I left with a new mission. "Be positive and upbeat so you can live long like the old man at the "J".

After work Katie and I went to see my Granddad, another great example of someone who has never been a sourpuss. Look at the picture of Katie, Wess, and me with Granddad 2.5 years ago. I must say our faces did look a little fuller then. Wess Dogg looks good as always.

Ran 5 miles with Katie after the visit. She ran extremely fast but confessed that she was on the verge of regurgitation.

3 days until Chattanooga. Its going to be a tough race but I'm vowing to stay upbeat and not be a sourpuss all the way to the finish line.

Life is Good...Off to Dinner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that if you smile while you run, you actually feel better.
mom

kate said...

I'll try that next time :). Smiling now.