I do miss the "Life is Good" posts. I hope J. will be back soon with some of his optimistic musings. In the mean time we will all have to be optimistic on our own. Here are some random positives for the day (as I watch the 10 pm Bham news--seriously depressing!):
1. Change is around the corner. Get out there and vote--and be thankful you can. Less than 100 years ago I would not have had that right!
2. I really believe this change will be for the better.
3. We've come a long way in just 200 years--heck 50 for that matter-- (random, class-induced observation), thank God. As misguided as we seem sometimes, let's pause to admire the progress of humanity in general.
4. Dogs are great foot-warmers and soul lifters (or cats if you prefer). If you don't have one, I have two you can borrow--free of charge. Shout out to Aunt S.'s cute new addition to the fam (Nellie).
5. My air conditioner AND my heater are OFF! Who needs Alabama Power OR Alagasco . . . for now anyway.
6. Our leaves haven't reached peak yet--must be sad to already be socked in for winter (i.e. North Dakota).
7. We're blessed to have such great family and friends in town. If all goes Depression-style we can form a commune. And I know we'd make it through.
8. Chips and salsa are still complimentary at Los Arcos (click here for more courtesy K.) .
9. I can play telephone tag with my sister all week long and laugh about it with her when we finally get in touch over the weekend (can't wait until you're in town, M.!).
10. The Cubs (and the Auburn Tigers) always have next year . . .
So, yes. Life is definitely good. We just have to stop and remind ourselves every now and then. Happy almost-wednesday everyone.
Kate
4 comments:
i have a silly affection for lists like this. even when it's not my happy stuff, i like to see that other people have found their happy. =)
and we'll always share los arcos mexican grill 2.
so so sorry about your foot but i know you can still find many things for which to be thankful. did you see the RED sunset today? the best i've seen here in the ham.
K. I do too! Your CD makes me smile. You know that scene in Office Space where the guy comes to a stoplight, sheepishly looks around, then turns his music down . . . had a few moments like that w/ your CD :).
jg. you were so sweet to offer to bring dinner. my great hubby brought some home, though. I'll be back on my feet in plenty of time for the BE & K 5K w/ you :)!
I'm sorry I missed the sunset!
Post a Comment