Here's your list. I'll tell you what I manage to be thankful for today.
Sometimes thinking in terms of what you ARE thankful for is the best thing.
1. I don't know how, but I survived a 20% reduction in our staff size today (this is about the 4th big cut in 3 years). Every person who lost a job today is incredibly talented and I'm not sure yet how we're going to be able to produce the quality product we have without each of them.
2. My foot doesn't really hurt very much. I'll be back to pounding the pavement in no time. And seriously enjoying and appreciating every minute of it.
3. Our pups really do rock. And if we have to have our heat cut off they'll provide a good deal of warmth.
4. Stouffer's Casseroles and Campbell's Soups are actually pretty dang good. As is a $7-a-bottle-with-a-screw-cap kind of wine.
5. A rat didn't die in your car.
6. If it was hot outside this boot would be sweaty and nasty. Instead it's almost slightly comforting and cozy. Toasty as opposed to itchy and sweaty is a serious plus.
7. The Office comes on tonight. Woot!
8. Now that our standards for Auburn are so low, we can get excited about the small things--ya know, a first down every now and then.
9. We're in town this weekend with no races or places we have to go. I don't even have any school work right now. Let's soak it up. I think it may be the only one like it until mid-December.
10. You can still make me laugh. Which I admit must be hard to do on days like this.
11. I take solace in the fact that most people out there are having similar experiences. We really are in this together--on a very large scale.
12. We don't have a hole in our yard full of raw sewage anymore! Glad they got that fixed before trick-or-treaters invade our neighborhood in a few weeks--could have been treacherous.
13. The JCC has aqua-joggers. YES!!
14. Wickles make my heart sing. Any foodie who has not tried them, must.
And finally . . .
15. Touchdown Auburn. We may only get ten of them this season. Enjoy it :)
There you have it. Give thanks!
Gratefully yours,
Kate
2 comments:
you survived the cuts because you are maybe the smartest, most professional, most unflappable person on staff.
and you lend a sort of calmness that keeps my running off at the mouth seem balanced. for that i thank you.*
your dogs rock endlessly.
*did i really say "and the horse you rode in on!" to your boss today? someone should muzzle me.
I'm just a flapper on the inside. I like your running off at the mouth (although I swear I don't remember the horse comment--you must tell me when that happened--you can definitely articulate with wit and intelligence what most of us whole-heartedly agree with but can't put into words). Just glad we're both still here!
Here's to Friday!
Post a Comment